WSET LEVEL 2 Florence (Oct 2020), ENG
WHEN: 2020, Oct 2020 16, 17, 18 (tbc)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 2020, Sept, 27 (tbc)
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is intended for people who have little or no prior knowledge. It is suitable wherever a good level of wine knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies, for example in the customer service and sales functions of hospitality, retailing and wholesaling industries. It is also useful for those who have a general interest in wine and wish to broaden their knowledge.
Successful candidates will be able to describe and compare the styles of wines produced from internationally and regionally important grape varieties, interpret wine labels from the main wine- producing regions of the world and give basic guidance on appropriate selection and service, as well as understand the principles of wine tasting and evaluation.
- Understand the environmental influences and grape-growing options in the vineyard and how these will impact the style and quality of wine.
- Understand how winemaking and bottle ageing influence the style and quality of wine.
- Understand how environmental influences, grape-growing options, winemaking and bottle ageing influence the style and quality of wines made from the principal grape varieties.
- Know the style and quality of wines produced from regionally important black and white grape varieties.
- Understand how the production process can influence the styles of sparkling and fortified wines.
- Understand the key principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine, and in the pairing of food and wine.
During this course, you will taste at least 45 wines, many of which of very good or outstanding quality.
Complete Level specification here
Registration : info[at]bwineschool.com