For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately, and make food and wine pairings.
What you’ll learn
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
A 45 minutes closed-book examination comprised of 30 multiple-choice questions, immediately after the course.
On successful completion of the examination you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
WHEN: Jan., 19 2022 . Intensive course: 1 classroom day h: 10 – 18 (lunch time 13.00 to 14.00)
EXAM: Jan., 19 2022, h 17:00, just after the course
VENUE: via San Gallo, 72 – Florence
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Jan., 3 2022
Vaccine passport / Green Pass is mandatory to access the classroom