WSET2 Grosseto (Oct 2021)
WHEN: Oct 1 , 2 , 3 2021 (h.10-18)
WHERE: Tenuta Fertuna (Grosseto)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Sept. 17
EXAM: Tenuta Fertuna (Grosseto), 3 Oct 2021 h 17.00-18.00
PRICE: € 650
WSET's Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner- to intermediate-level qualification exploring wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is intended for people who have little or no prior knowledge. This qualification is intended for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You’ll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
What you'll learn
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- The style and quality of wines:
- made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
During this course, you will taste at least 40 wines, many of which of very good or outstanding quality.
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 28 hours* of study time:
- 16 hours classroom time
- 11 hours of personal study and revision
- A 1-hour examination
A one-hour closed-book examination comprised of 50 multiple-choice questions.
For more information and full details on the course requirements, please download the Specification here.
Info & registration : please complete the form below or email : info[at]bwineschool.com